Past Meets Present at the City Park Grill
By C.J. Ray
The City Park Grill has been a Petoskey tradition that goes deeper
than the memories of anyone living today.
The City Park Grill was constructed in 1875 at the tail end of the
construction boom in downtown Petoskey. Originally called McCarthy
Hall, it opened as a billiard hall which also served alcohol. In 1888,
a 32-foot solid mahogany bar (which still stands today) was installed,
and the name was changed to the Annex.